Australian Scout Map
Are you moving house? Looking for a local group for the children to join? Wanting to become a leader? Already involved in scouting?
If so, you've found the right site. With over 750 groups, there's probably one near you.
If your local group is missing, please help me add it.
... any suggestions ? email me
The Australian Scout Map is being upgraded to use the latest version of Google Maps, and make it easier to add new groups.
Some of the new features are:
- Autocomplete when searching (start typing an address, and Google will suggest addresses)
- Street view (drag the "peg man" onto a street)
- 45 degree view (in some areas, satellite view is available from different angles)
- Improved support for mobile devices
| || Scout Group|
| || Sea Scout Group / Water Activities|
| || Air Scout Group / Air Activities|
| || Scout Campsite|
| || Area with many scout groups - click to zoom in|
| || Other scout facility|
To find your closest group
You can also contact Scouts on 1800 SCOUTS (1800 726 887).
To show map of a specific area
- Click on the '
Zoom' tab (just below the map).
- Click on [Select State] and then select the state from the list.
Navigating to other areas
Click on the zoom icons -
These change with the map zoom.
eg. for Sydney, click on
- You can click and drag to move the map, double click to zoom in,
or use the zoom slider (left side of map).
- Try the '
Search by address' and '
To find a specific group
- Click on the '
Lookup' tab (just below the map).
- Click on [Select Group] and then select the group from the list.
Alternatively, find the group in the marker listing
Add your local group
If you would like to add a scout group to the map, please click here
If you want to link to the locator, or add an interactive map to your page, please have a look at the Webmasters' Page.
Geoscience Australia - Map Reading Guide.
Contains details on using a topographic map, compass and GPS.
See also: Marker Listing